Florence United Methodist Church was established at the present junction of Banklick and Route 42 in 1842 by a group of persons who were focused on sharing the love of Christ in their community. In 1936, the decision was made by the congregation to move FUMC to a site on Main Street where the ministry continued. In 1997, a decision was made to relocate the church, and the congregation moved into their present location: a multi-purpose building on Old Toll Road. In the ever changing community, in three different locations, with many challenges, the focus of FUMC has always been the same – sharing the love of Christ.
To continue the focus of the original congregation of FUMC, the time has come to be “Grounded in Faith…Growing to Serve”. Through the works of the Visioning and Building teams, designs for a new building and a redesign of existing spaces has been presented and approved to the congregation of FUMC. The new building and redesign of existing spaces will allow FUMC to grow and expand our ministries in order to reach the needs of the community. We are inviting you be “Grounded in Faith…Growing to Serve” in meeting needs of this campaign so we can continue to share the love of Christ with our community.